1 in 4 people will experience mental illness.
Volunteering is an excellent way to broaden your social support network and keep your mind active by learning new things. It is an easy way to build connections with your local community, and doing so provides an opportunity to:
- Share your knowledge and experiences;
- Give back to your community;
- Make a positive difference;
- Feel good about yourself;
- Discover a new hobby;
- Make new friends;
- Help others in need.
You can help us by doing the following:
- Volunteer at the train station.
- Volunteer for youth service hours.
- Volunteer passing out flyers at events.
Most non-profit organizations rely on the dedication of volunteers. Not only does volunteering have many benefits for you, but it also is an excellent way to strengthen our community. So why not call a non-profit near you or find another cause that’s close to your heart and begin volunteering today!